Carrots Health Benefits | Health Benefits of Carrots
Carrot is also known as ‘Gagar’. It is basically a root vegetable and you will amaze to know that it is most consumed root vegetable in the world after “Potato”.
Carrots are found in many colors including yellow, white, orange and purple. Initially, carrots are cultivated in Afghanistan which is purple in color and tasted bitter and woody. The sweet orange colored carrots which are popular now developed by Dutch Growers in middle age.
The sweet and crunchy carrots are the bundle of nutrition’s contains beta-carotene, Antioxidant, Potassium, Vitamin K, Sodium, Phosphorus, Calcium, Vitamin C & B6, A, E and it mainly contains carotenoids. It contains 86 – 95% of water and contains very little fat and protein & 10% of Carbohydrates and full of fibers.
This root Vegetable can be eaten raw or cooked. But cooked carrots are more nutritious because beta-carotene is tightly bound into carrot cells which are more readily available when it is cooked.
There are 7 Carrots Health Benefits such as:
- Good for Eyes, Because it contains huge amounts of beta-carotene which converted into Vitamin A in the liver and good for eyesight.
- Carrots are the good source of carotenoids, which is good antioxidants that improve your immunity system.
- Carrots contain high fibers which are helpful in weight loss. Because fibers take the longest time to digest so you fill full for a long time.
- It contains Carotenes which protects your body from various type of Cancer.
- It has a good amount of dietary fiber which improves your digestion.
- Carrots have carotenoids. Which help your body to control blood sugar and help diabetic patients to take care of their blood sugar.
- This root vegetable is full of vitamin C and antioxidants. Which keeps your skin healthy & glowing and helps to reduce scars & blemishes & sunburn and also prevent aging.